ஸ்ரீவைஷ்ணவ வைதிக ப்ரயோகங்கள்

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Oil bath - doubt - Question Answer

Oil bath - doubt dear mama, i have a great doubt about oil bath!!! one of my friend told me that one shouldnt take oil bath in sundays as he will loose his beauty. and i was told by someone else that one should not take oil bath before travelling. and what are the general rules that are to be followed before taking oil bath? like i know that oil bath shouldnt be taken before surya udayam except on diwali. and tell me if my reasoning about oil bath on saturday for boys and fridays for girls is rt or not. i think as in the lden days there were too many kids like 14, 13 ,12 they should have sorted time for male kids on one day and females on some other day!!is there any other reason other than this? i think i am not posting a query that is purpose less!! if ther are any mistakes please forgive me. namaskarams. murali. ***Mdr*** Dear Murali, I am the eighth issue of mother, when I was child, my mother used to give oil bath for me on 'Saturdays'. There was a saying to avoid oil baths on Sundays. Normally, oil bath is like shampu bath only. Ouvvaiyar also said in her 'Aathichoodi' as 'Sani Neeraadu'. There is a logic in your second part of message, i.e, Friday for ladies and Saturday for gents. But actually I don't know more about it. But I felt the difference much. On the day of oil bath, a huge relax in the body and felt very clean and enjoyed sound sleep on those days. More to add that, the feeling of mother touch, which I never forget or I (one) can not find a pleasurful feeling equal to that. Vera Enna solla? Besr regards, Moderator **** ***Mdr*** I accepted the reason what he told in his message, It is very simple, they simply selected two alternate days as one for ladies and another one for gents, they might have thought, Friday is the best day to do upacharams to girls, who are thought equal to Maha Lakshmi, and the gents are thought equal to Maha Vishnu and hence they might have fixed the Friday for girls and Saturday for gents. It just an assumption to satisfy you. regards, Some one can explain more about it. Moderator

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home